Tuesday, July 11, 2023

NEW! Coronation Park Miniature Golf, Beamish Museum, County Durham


Beamish museum in the north east of England is one of my favourite places to visit. A new addition to the outdoor museum is the 1950s town complete with a brand new miniature golf course.  I visited today, but sadly, didn't play as I was on my own. However, this means that Sunny Jim and I will no doubt return and play the lovely little course and blog about it in the future.


Each hole on the course is named after a northeast landmark such as Penshaw Monument and Lindisfarne.  And in true 1950s style, it's designed to look as if the council maintain it and it's been let go a bit. It's wonderful!

Here is the score card, which the lady in the kiosk let me take away with a small pencil too. "People usually just nick them," she said as she handed them over to me.



Some wonderful old retro signage help complete the look to this 1950s mini golf course.



And here is the kiosk, it's only £2.50 per game.


Definitely well worth a return visit with Sunny Jim for a game on this smashing new / old course.
_______

Follow us on twitter @TwoCrazyGolfers

No comments:

Post a Comment